Hey, it's Val from Tangled In Texas! I was so thrilled that Amy asked me to be one of her guest-posters this week! I guess first of all, y’all need some background info…
I’m a twenty-something mommy to my Punkin and wife to my Hubby. I’ve lived in Texas all my life, hence the blog name. We live out in the country near Dallas - which I love!
Here we go!
1. I’m addicted to Dr. Pepper. If I don’t have at least one a day, I get super grumpy. Ask the Hubby!
2. I think that round cakes and round pizza taste better than square.
3. I’m totally a food whore. I’m always thinking about what I’m going to eat next.
4. My car’s nickname is “Tinkerbell”. (What? Doesn’t everyone name their car?)
5. If you couldn’t tell, I love fairies and pixies. I still want a tattoo of the fairy from Britney Spears’ “Britney” CD.
6. I have a “snacky” voice that I speak in when I want Hubby to make me something to eat.
7. I’m always on “Step 37”. In fact, that’s one of Hubby’s many nicknames for me. I always have a plan. For everything.
7. I’ve been in the same career field for ten years (banking). OMG. That makes me sound old!
8. While we’re on the subject, Hubby and I will be married for ten years this July. And I’ll turn 30 in June. Whoa!
9. I am a total car and truck nut. I’m trying to convince Hubby that we need this ‘98 Camaro and a ‘94 Z-71 Tahoe that I see every day on the way to work. I love grill guards, big tires, and dual exhaust. Mmmmm…
10. I always thought that I’d be a young(er) mom, like 17 or 21. We didn’t have Punkin until I was almost 28. Eek!
11. I totally have OCD and I like things to be symmetrical and I LOVE making and finishing “To-Do” Lists.
12. I have had my belly button pierced. Considering doing it again…
13. I’m a lightweight drinker. One margarita and I’m done. Two and you’ll be carrying me to the car by 8 p.m.
14. I’m a dork. In every way. I’m super ditsy sometimes, but I also like nerdy things like finance and budgets and spreadsheets.
15. My favorite colors are pink and green.
16. I love going to the mall. I have a need to touch and smell everything. Buying stuff online just doesn’t feel the same.
17. I like to eat things that my husband shoots (or “harvests” if you’re Miranda Lambert). Deer and wild hog - bring it on!
18. I growl when I shoot my 12 gauge.
19. I am NOT a morning person and I take LONG showers. Hubby never has hot water.
20. I don’t have any tattoos. Yet. But I’m always thinking of what I want to get. I’m thinking about seven of them in various places - hip, lower back, top of my foot…
21. I sing the “Good Morning” song to my son every morning to wake him up. You know, the one off the Tropicana commercial? With my own lyrics, of course!
22. I can’t swim. So, if we’re ever on a party barge, I’m probably gonna need a lifejacket.
23. My closet is super organized and if I could, I would just go from house to house and organize people’s closets just the way they wanted.
24. I love to cook and try out new recipes and restaurants. Since we live out in BFE (just like Amy!), it’s a pain to drive back into town for food, so I’m always trying to use what we have on hand or come up with new things to eat!
25. Hubby helped me with this list. J