Pages

Monday, January 9, 2017

Easy Peasy Cinnamon Rolls.


Since 2017 has arrived I have been in the mood to bake stuff. I recently made homemade waffles to store in the freezer for my kids.(and saving money as well)
So I there for I wanted to try my hand at Homemade Cinnamon Rolls.
I got a lot of people on facebook asking for this recipe I used so, I figured I would share it with everyone. This recipe is seriously so easy, your kids could do it for you!



Dough

2 1/2- 3 Cups Flour
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
1 Package of Yeast
1/2 Water
1/4 Milk
3 Tbsp softened (real) butter
1 LG Egg


Filling

3 Tbsp Softened Butter
4-5 TBSP Cinnamon (to your taste can do less if you want, I added 4)
1/4-1/2 Brown Sugar. (I went ahead and did 1/2)
I also added granulated sugar.. 2-3 tbsp.

Icing

1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2-3 Tbsp Milk (adjusted for desired thickness)



1. Mix 2 1/2 Flour (you will use the other 1/2 cup later. so save it.) Sugar, Salt, and Yeast until well combined. Set aside.


2.Heat Water, Milk and Butter to about 115 Degrees. (I didn't have a thermometer so I just waited until the butter melted.)

3. Add water, butter, milk mixture to dry ingredients, stir a little so the heat from liquid mixture wont scramble egg, then add egg.

4. If you have a stand mixer use your dough hook and mix on low setting
slowly add remaining flour.

**If you don't have stand mixer just knead the dough, and slowly add the rest of flour.
MIX or Knead for 5-6 mins.


5. Allow Dough to rest for 3-5 min, after it has rest. Use a rolling pin and roll dough into rectangle. Once it is rolled out, spread butter and sprinkle cinnamon mixture onto butter evenly.

6. Beginning with the long side of the rectangle tighly roll the dough, so cinnamon and sugar are on the inside.

7. Cut rolled dough into 10-12 even pieces.

8. No it is time to rise your rolls. Place rolls in a warm, draft free place and allow to rise until doubled in size.

 9.Once they have rised, Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Place rolls in oven and bake until 20-25 mins unti golden brown or to your likeness.

10. Remove from over and let cool before icing

Icing
Whisk Together vanilla, confectioners sugar and milk
slowly add the milk so it will be to your desired thickness.

Lastly, pour icing over those beautiful rolls and Enjoy! :)

(store in refrigerator 3-4 days or freezer)



this is a photo of the rolls after they did they lovely magic. I forgot to take a picture after I iced a few...
Image may contain: dessert and food

Hope you enjoyed you freshly baked cinnamons rolls. Stay tuned for more recipes coming soon.


xoxo,
Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Ya'll i love me some comments so go ahead, comment away. LOVE Ya'll.