Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

GUEST POST: Jessica @ Your Are My color

Hi I'm Jessica and I blog over at You Are My Color!

But if you wanna get all technical about it, this is a more accurate picture of what I'm looking like these days.


I blog about my little ol' life in South Texas and that usually includes lots of sarcasm and posts about pretty things I want to buy, my fiance Ronnie, our fur babies and now our human baby, due in just a little over 4 weeks!
Thanks to Amy for asking me to guest post, it's my first guest post EVER! :) 

So here we go, 25 facts about moi! Might be things you already knew but just bear with me!

1. This baby was a total surprise, especially after my doctor said the chances of me ever getting pregnant were pretty slim. We showed her! :)

2. I never thought much about dachshunds until I met my fiance, who comes from a major dachshund lovin' family! Of course we ended up with 2 of them and from that point on, I've been a total wiener addict! (ha! I just like saying that)
Frasier & Niles <3
3. If I watch a scary show or movie at home, I won't leave the couch until it's time for bed. At which point I literally run to bed and leave the lights on for Ronnie to turn off. Total wuss.

4. I crave pizza EVERY day.

5. I love ironing and washing dishes. and yes, I would totally come over and do yours too!

6. I'm a sushi and beer addict so going without during pregnancy has been ROUGH!

7. I live for the Holidays! This past year I set a new personal record for when I start listening to Christmas music. I totally started in September!
8. I have to keep my nails painted or else I'll bite them.
9. I'm the oldest of 3 kids...The youngest of the bunch, my sister, turns 18 this year while I'll be turning 30. Boo!

10. Somehow my fiance and I found each other on Yahoo personals back in 2005! Online dating works, yo!


11. I went to school for criminal justice but ended up working in Communications & Public Relations. I laugh now trying to picture my scaredy cat self working in a jail like I'd always wanted to.

12. When I say "S" words, I have a slight lisp. Yay me!

13. I didn't start wearing glasses until I was 21. Health issues screwed up my vision! (wow, a lisp AND glasses? nerd alert!)

14. I could wear flip flops EVERY day for the rest of my life. In fact, I'm wearing some right now!
15. Onions disgust me! But onion rings are SO yummy! How does that even work?

16. Cardigans are my best friend.
17. I'm only 5'3" and always feel like I'm surrounded by giants! :( See what I mean?


18. I've never had a pedicure or a professional massage! It's like I'm not even human!

19. I've been to the Kentucky Derby twice and while it was a fun experience and all, it solidified the fact that I look stupid in a hat.

20. Need to know a movie quote, who sings this song or the lyrics to this song? Ask me. My brain is fully occupied by this unimportant information!

21. As a little girl I hated how common my name was. My solution? Change it to Jennifer Jane. Way less common, right?

22. I've never lived anywhere else but San Antonio. Sad.

23. Fiance and I are pros at buying and selling on Craigslist!

24. I get asked all the time if I'm Hawaiian, Filipino or even Eskimo!? Nope, I'm just a plain ol' Mexi.

25. Have I mentioned that I love beer?

Thanks for reading along! Swing by my blog and say hi, I'd love to meet ya! :)

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I love Jessica! :)

    I keep being surprised b/c I already follow some of the guest posters, but I'm still learning stuff about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and u are the same about the nails being painted!!
    Omg I love this Jessica! My mother was a flip flop lover too!

    Love all these Jess!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girly! I'm so glad I got to post for ya!

      Delete
  3. i have never had a professional massage either! my hospital offered me a free when after i had my son but i never got it...just weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kinda weird, right? I love them when my fiance gives them but with someone else, I think I'd feel awkward. ha!

      Delete
  4. A massage is something you'll like or dislike but once I had one I liked it. Weird at first but the spa I go to is really nice and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so good to know thanks! I'm so worried I might have a bad experience and just hate them forever after that. lol!

      Delete
  5. Such a great post! Weiner addict! Hahaha. That is such a cute picture of you two! My sister met her husband online too. It does work! Cute picture of you and the giants! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! and it's true, totally addicted to wieners! :p

      that's so cool, I tell everyone to try out online dating!

      Delete

Hey Ya'll i love me some comments so go ahead, comment away. LOVE Ya'll.