Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

State Fair of Texas

 
 
 
Recently, me and the boys went to the State Fair of Texas. Wednesday’s are the day people, bring 3 can goods get in for $3.00. So off we went with our can goods in tow.
See, I have never, hell, my husband hasn’t ever been. So, therefore we didn’t know how the “fair” thing worked out.
Do you know? Well here is the low down, incase your planning a trip and have never been.
You use coupons and game cards, which isn't so bad unless your at a game station and your short, by two points or whatever there called.
All in all it was a fun trip and we planning on going back again sometime in the future.
Here is an abundance of photos I took of the trip.
 
 
SAM_0224
 
Slayde in the mist of random photobombers.
 
SAM_0222
 
Just arriving and cant contain his excitement!
 
SAM_0223
 
At the entrance and figured it was time for  few Mom and Slayde pictures.
 
SAM_0229 - Copy
 
SAM_0227
 
My pre snack before the all day walk
 
SAM_0232
 
Checking out the water
 
SAM_0233
 
Slayde, what are you looking at? Never a perfect photo with this little child.
 
SAM_0237
 
My town was named after ol’ Jim Bowie. Go to someone's house here and I bet you they have a Bowie Knife. Hey, my Nawnaw has one so I figured everyone has to have one.
 
SAM_0241
 
Poor poor Big Tex luckily he is easy to replace. Winking smile
 
SAM_0234
 
Big Tex’s belt.
 
SAM_0236
 
Believe it or not, my son took this photo.
 
SAM_0247
 
Now, it was time for the rides and games. Let’s just say the museum tours were NOT his favorite.
 
SAM_0249
We never thought we were going to get him away from all the rides and games. Why do fairs or carnivals at the matter feel the need to repeat the same game stands over AND over.
Like there will be 10 ring toss (different bottles of course) 10 pop the balloon games, 10 pick up the duck/bear/whatever animal isn't taken out of the water and instantly ALWAYS when a prize.
Then you have 15 basketball games, you get the point? Its nonsense I tell ya.
SAM_0250
 
This kid is OBSESSED with tractors, I believe this was his favorite or was it the airplane ride. I cant remember.
SAM_0251
SAM_0252
LOVE this photo of Slayde
SAM_0257
SAM_0261
SAM_0262
Men working. Figured I should take photos of this working there asses off.
SAM_0263
By the way we were in the Skylark. It takes you across the fair from point A to B.
SAM_0264
Last  night as I was making this post I told Slayde, he needed to smile when I take photos, smh. my child.
SAM_0265
Pho
SAM_0270
 
Me and the Hubs. BECAUSE, Real Men wear PINK!
 
SAM_0239
 
The remains of BIG TEX. So thought to leave nice little notes and bears to the ol’ guy.
 
 
 
 
 
Believe or not. We didn't try a SINGLE fried food. I really don't know why we didn't, although I did have a few Bellini's. Next time though we are going hard on the fried food.
 
xoxo,
Amy
 
 
 
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Ya'll i love me some comments so go ahead, comment away. LOVE Ya'll.