Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Peace and Quiet

Last night I got to experience something I haven't done in awhile.


Peace and quiet.

It was quite nice.

How did I manage it with having 2 children one 5 and the other 5 months. The oldest was with dad and the other finally fell asleep. (She fights her sleep to the extreme!)
What did I do you ask while I got to enjoy (45 mins) of quiet?

Shower.
Eat all of the chocolate donuts
Caught up on Smallville. (I love you Tom, will you marry me?)

In those 45 minutes I enjoyed it all. The sound of silence and being alone (not really but, kind of.)
I enjoyed watching Tom Welling save Metropolis, those damn chocolate donuts and most importantly that shower. Which I had no interruptions, no man coming in, wanting to jump in to "get a quickie."
Although it wasn't for very long. I enjoy ever minute of being in silence.. Then... I hear Stella cry...back to reality.
It's the little things we enjoy, even if its for a short minute or a day. I always soak it up...enjoy it, live in the moment and remember it doesn't last long so enjoy it.
Don't get me wrong I love my kids. But, sometimes just a few minutes to yourself is always needed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Ya'll i love me some comments so go ahead, comment away. LOVE Ya'll.